How to deposit funds (OANDA Corporation)
Using the HUB
1. OANDA live account users can log in to the HUB. Next, go to the Dashboard and click on Deposit . Alternatively, they can go to Accounts and, click on DEPOSIT next to any account.
2. On the DEPOSIT tab, select the trading account you want to deposit to and click on CONTINUE .
3. Select the payment method. Depending on the payment method you select , you will be presented with different options.
- For ACH, you may select your existing bank, enter your deposit amount and complete the process with a confirmation. You may also add a new bank account .
For Instant ACH (available only for non-crypto accounts), refer to the topic on Instant ACH eligibility and deposit process .
- For wire transfers, you may select your existing bank, print the on-screen instructions and take it to your bank to initiate the wire transfer
For debit cards (available only for non-crypto accounts), you may enter your deposit amount, select a verified debit card and complete the process with a confirmation. You may also add and verify a new debit card .
Applicable only to debit card deposits:
- If you see your verified card in the Paying with Card section, click Continue and re-enter your card details to complete the deposit.
- If you do not see your verified card in the Paying with Card section, click on Choose another way to pay and re-enter your card details to complete the deposit.
Note the on-screen information for Deposit Limit . Your deposit limit is determined by factors such as the financial information you provided to us at the time of registration or during your most recent PIU (personal information update). The deposit limit indicates the maximum net amount across all your accounts.
- Your deposit limit, along with your total deposits and withdrawals since registration or since the last PIU, determines your deposit allowance. Deposit allowance is how much more you can deposit.
- For example, you registered with us and you have not done any PIU update since. Your deposit limit is $1000. Your total deposit since registration is $500. Your total withdrawal since registration is $200. Your deposit allowance would be $1000 - ($500 - $200) = $700.
- If your financial information has changed, you are encouraged to do a PIU update. Such an update can potentially increase your deposit limit.
Using the OANDA mobile app
1. Take one of the following steps:
- Go to the profile icon in the top bar, select the sub-account you want to transfer funds to and then click on Add Funds or
- Go to More in the bottom navigation bar and click on Add Funds . Note: For spot crypto sub-accounts, instead of More click on Settings in the bottom navigation bar. Next, click on Manage Funds .
2. You will notice the same deposit methods as explained in the Using the HUB section. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Still have questions? Chat with an agent.